RISIS Summer School on Data Science for Studying Science, Technology and Innovation
Strathclyde Business School, Glasgow, UK , 24-28 June 2019
Strathclyde Business School, University of Strathclyde in collaboration with the Research Infrastructure for Science and Innovation Policy Studies (RISIS) project is delighted to announce the Summer School on Data Science for Studying Science, Technology and Innovation to be held in Glasgow, UK on 24-28 June 2019.
DEADLINE FOR PARTICIPATION: 26/05/2019
Notification of acceptance will be sent on 01/06/2019
RISIS project aims to “to transform the field of STI studies into an advanced research community”. As part of this mission, the Summer School on Data Science for Studying Science, Technology and Innovation will bring together leading experts in data science and the next generation of science, technology and innovation scholars. The aim is to equip the latter with both the methodological and conceptual knowledge as well as cutting edge data science tools and techniques. The course is open to all career levels including PhD students, early career researchers and established researchers.
The Summer School targets scholars and policy analysts studying STI at all stages from PhD researchers through to established scholars. The target group will have some experience with the basic quantitative methods in the topic, while the Summer School will help them to reach to a more advanced level of understanding.
- Background in STI studies
- Previous experience in basic quantitative methods in STI studies
- Interest in learning data science for STI studies
- Clear articulation of how the course would benefit their personal development as a researcher and current/future research projects
Organising Committee and Contacts:
- Chair: Abdullah Gok (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Yashar Moshfeghi (email@example.com)
- Bernd Wurth (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Clara Calero Medina
- Thomas Scherngell