TRAINING ACTIVITIES GOALS AND ADDED VALUE
- Training provides basic and advanced knowledge about the content of the RISIS infrastructure and how to use it, the methodologies to exploit the datasets for research aimed to supply evidence relevant for policy making.
- Activities build on the portfolio of training developed in RISIS. RISIS2 shall offer group training courses developing skills in using the RISIS datasets and platforms, and will develop online tools, tutorials and courses to support users and stakeholders remotely.
- Materials and documents associated with training will be freely available on the website at any time.
- Tutorials: basic training for handling the datasets showing potentialities for analyses and research activities. This type of training is supposed to attract the attention of the different types of users toward RISIS.
- Applied courses on datasets (Short course online/on site – duration the equivalent of 1 day): provides periodical on-line training about how to use the datasets for research aims based on model problems. These events so that they can be accessible for a wide community (including those outside the users’ community);
- On the job training: on-site training in places where there is a consistent community of users, which is developing research that would benefit from the use of the RISIS infrastructure but needs further assistance to learn how to use it for their specific research purposes;
- Methodological courses (Short Course online/onsite – duration 2-3 days) dedicated to deepen specific methodologies mainly coming from activities developed within the usage cases of WP7. Methodological courses should enlarge the base of scholars using advanced quantitative methods;
- Summer Schools (Summer Schools on site – duration 3-5 full days): schools are devoted to train people using combination of different datasets to address key problems/analyses that are particularly relevant for policy purposes. Within Schools we can also realize spaces of ‘creative training’ as laboratories, where the trainers shall stimulate the trainees to reflect on their data needs and research questions, through direct participative techniques;
Training documents and formats HERE