RISIS Data Science Winter School on Tools and methods for analysing complex Science, Technology and Innovation (STI) systems
Feb 20, 2023 @ 2:00 pm - Feb 24, 2023 @ 5:00 pm
The RISIS Data Science Winter School on Tools and methods for analysing complex Science, Technology and Innovation (STI) systems: A gentle introduction to Network Science (NS), Spatial Models (SM) and Machine Learning (ML) is organized by Research Institute of Sustainable Economic Growth (CNR-IRCrES) and will take place in Rome from 20th to 24th of February 2023.
Deadline for request of participation: 30th of November 2022
Course main objectives:
The training will provide participants with the essential tools for a correct application of some popular NS, ML and SM methods in various STI contexts. In particular:
• ML techniques proves useful for factor importance detection, as well as for classification purposes in a model-free stance;
• NS and SM techniques are useful to identify and study structure and dynamics of large and complex STI communities.
Target audience for this course are researchers in research policy, higher education, and innovation studies with a quantitative orientation, who aim to extend their competence on NS, ML and SM analysis. Basic requisites for admission will be:
- Knowledge on basic principles of statistics;
- Interest in STI studies.
The course is addressed to:
- Senior scientists, early career researchers and PhD students at the last phase of their training;
- Officers from the policy making level;
- Research associations.
Participants will be asked to bring their PC (with RStudio software installed) when attending the course. It is possible to download the RStudio software here.
Contact: Dr. Antonio Zinilli, Dr. Marco De Biase and Dr. Alessia Fava (IRCrES-CNR)